Neway’s Carbon Management Program
Since 2008 we have been actively tracking our carbon emissions through our partner, Pangolin Associates who have been engaged to conduct annual carbon footprints for Neway Transport.
Pangolin’s highly experienced audit team identifies and calculates the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions associated with Neway’s business activities. Pangolin’s methodologies rigourously comply with international standards and Australian regulations such as:
- GHG Protocol’s Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standards
- ISO 14064-1 and -3 Greenhouse Gases
- NGER (National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act)
- NCOS (National Carbon Offset Standard) – the Australian Government’s criteria for certified carbon neutrality
The purpose of these assessments are to identify the types and amounts of GHG emissions attributable to Neway’s operations and allow Neway to:
- Establish operational GHG benchmarks and reduction targets
- Identify business risks in dealing with climate change and the introduction of a future emissions trading scheme
- Identify potential compliance/reporting obligations.
- Meet customer requirements for reporting of carbon emissions
Over time, Neway has successfully reduced impacts in a number of areas including waste to landfill, petrol consumption and LPG usage. Efficiency gains have also been achieved through fleet upgrades and office refits.
About Pangolin Associates
Pangolin Associates is a national energy and carbon management consultancy. Pangolin helps organisations achieve efficiencies and competitiveness through measuring, reducing and offsetting environmental impacts.
Pangolin’s core services include energy efficiency audits, comprehensive greenhouse gas (GHG) assessments, verifications and assurance engagements in compliance with government schemes such as NGER, NCOS and CFI, and international programs such as the ACA and CDP. The firm also provides carbon accounting software, energy monitoring solutions, advice on carbon offsetting, and the supply of carbon credits.
Pangolin’s scientific team has comprehensive experience and the highest level of environmental accreditations. Auditors are registered with the Federal Government’s Clean Energy Regulator and hold relevant professional qualifications.
Pangolin is an Australian-owned company working with all levels of business and government in Australia, New Zealand and globally. Visit: www.pangolinassociates.com.